My PunBB-Hosting forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what PunBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Xbox 360
  •  » pact.Powers barely played golf at all before

#1 2018-06-02 06:56:07

lw789
Animal
Dollars: 990
Bank: 0
pact.Powers barely played golf at all before

LONDON -- Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American partner Jack Sock won the Wimbledon mens doubles title on Saturday in an upset of the defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 in a three-hour, six-minute thriller. Pospisil and Sock were playing together for the first time and are the first team since 2000 (Lleyton Hewitt and Max Mirnyi) to win a Grand Slam title in their first tournament together. The Bryan twins were bidding for a 16th Grand Slam doubles title and 99th overall. Pospisil said they had a simple formula for beating the all-time best doubles pair in Grand Slam history. "Close your eyes; hope you play the best tennis of your life," he said, smiling. Sock and Pospisil were playing on Centre Court for the first time. Pospisil, ranked 179th in the speciality, was playing in only his fifth doubles event at a major. "We had a lot of fun, people could see that," Sock said. "Thats part of why we did well. We really enjoyed being out there. As kids we grew up watching this tournament. This is what we kind of dreamed of doing." The 21-year-old Sock became the third-youngest player to win both a Grand Slam mens doubles title and a Grand Slam mixed doubles championship in the Open era, adding to the mixed title he won with American Melanie Oudin at the U.S. Open in 2011. Todd Woodbridge and John McEnroe, both 20, were the only men to win both titles at a younger age, with McEnroe being the youngest. Pospisils previous best was the round of 16 with Ottawas Jesse Levine at Wimbledon in 2013 and with Torontos Daniel Nestor at the 2013 US Open. The last time there was a Canadian man in the Wimbledon doubles final was in 2009 when Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic won their second All England Club title. Pospisil and Sock saved four match points over two fifth-set games before Scok drilled a winner down the line for the historic victory. Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic of France lost to Mirnyi and Chan Hao-Ching of Taiwan 7-6 (4), 7-5 in the mixed doubles semifinal. Nestor and Mladenovic saved three match points on the Chan serve before Mirnyi poached a winning volley to end the 90-minute match. Ryan Carpenter Jersey . Red Sox outfielder Jonny Gomes, the bandleader of the beard brigade during Bostons run to the 2013 World Series title, said he will be shaving his off before spring training so that he can file it "in the archive" with his memories of the teams improbable championship. Aaron Dell Jersey . -- One shot came out of bottom of a cactus, the other from the base of a desert bush with rocks scattered around it. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/br … s-jersey/. Dwyane Wade followed a few days later. Brandon Mashinter Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. Paul Martin Jersey . has left the San Jose Sharks to become the Boston Bruins director of player personnel.LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Connor Powers has a bit of Happy Gilmore in him as he winds up to attack a golf ball with his driver, though he doesnt shoot the kind of low scores Adam Sandlers character did in the movie.Kind of hard to make a lot of birdies when half the time you have no idea where the ball is going.I lose a bunch of balls off the tee, Powers said. Accuracy is not the main goal for me when I pick up a club.What is the goal for the former minor league baseball player is hitting the ball a long way, a very long way. He can pound it over 400 yards, and sometimes the balls even stay in the fairway by the time theyre done rolling.On Tuesday, he could earn a cool $250,000 if he can be the biggest of the big hitters in the winner-take-all RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship.Its pretty sweet that theres an opportunity to make money doing this, said Powers, a former Mississippi State first baseman who washed out in the minors after hitting 20 homers in three seasons in the San Diego Padres system. But if it was just 500 bucks Id still be doing it. Its just so much fun to be out there and compete, especially after ending my baseball career. Thats really what it is about for me.Powers and seven others who qualified last month in Mesquite, Nevada, will go head-to-head in the championship final at the Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort. Six balls each, with the winners advancing to the next round until only one long driver is still standing.The 26-year-old Powers qualified for the finals by hitting a drive 402 yards, though that wasnt enough to make him the favourite among the eight players left.dddddddddddd That would probably be Joe Miller, the 2010 world champion and 2013 runner-up from London who competes on the Long Drivers European Tour and has a streak of 13 straight wins.Or it could be Jamie Sadlowski, the 2008 and 2009 world champion from Canada who weighs just 165 pounds but had the longest qualifying drive of 409 yards in Mesquite.They are all different sizes and ages and have different backgrounds, said Art Sellinger, the former two-time world champion who runs Long Drivers of America. The one thing they do have in common is theyre focused on how fast they can swing a golf club and how square they can get at impact.Powers barely played golf at all before stumbling onto the long driving scene, though several of the finalists are scratch handicap players or better. Powers took up long driving at the urging of former Mississippi State teammate Jeff Flagg, who is also in the finals.Powers plays more now and is a 15-handicap, no better than most weekend golfers. But his ball striking skills — at least with the driver — are world class.I still think you have to be a legitimate striker of the ball, said Sellinger, a pioneer of the long driving ranks. Whenever Im trying to educate amateurs I tell them theyre ball strikers. I didnt say they know how to shoot 65 for a living.For Powers, its a lot like stepping up to the plate in baseball, complete with Golf Channel televising it live.Its basically home run derby in golf, he said. And Ive always loved home run derby in baseball. Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Hoodies China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

2018-06-02 06:56:07

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » Xbox 360
  •  » pact.Powers barely played golf at all before

Adverts

Board footer