My PunBB-Hosting forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what PunBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-05-21 06:33:41

lw789
Animal
Dollars: 990
Bank: 0
nces decision to stack the top o

ATLANTA -- Its over. This time, the Indiana Pacers had a successful regular-season trip to Atlanta. David West scored 22 points, Paul George added 18 and the NBA-leading Pacers beat the Hawks 89-85 on Tuesday night. "This has been a tough place for us, but I thought we came in with the right motivation tonight," West said. "They blitzed us the last time we were down here." The Pacers most recent win in Atlanta came last May in the clinching Game 6 of their first-round playoff series. But Indiana (38-10) had dropped its last 12 regular-season games at the Hawks, including a 97-87 decision on Jan. 8. "I dont have to answer questions about it anymore, so thats good," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said. "Weve had some struggles here, but its not anything we were losing sleep over." Atlanta (25-22) failed to place a starter in double figures. It had won two straight and five of seven. Jeff Teague and Kyle Korver had nine points apiece for the Hawks. All-Star forward Paul Millsap went 2 for 11 from the field and finished with seven points. Teague made a 3-pointer to give Atlanta a 41-35 lead with 1:06 left in the second quarter, but the Hawks were outscored 38-16 over the next 17 minutes. Cartier Martins 3 cut Indianas lead to 86-84 with 14.9 seconds left. C.J. Watson and Danny Granger then combined for three free throws to help the Pacers hold on for the win. "Offensively, it just wasnt one of our better nights," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "I think you have to give Indiana and their defence credit for that." Elton Brand, a 14-year veteran, had 12 points and was the only Hawk to score in double figures before Mike Scott scored nine of his 15 points in the fourth quarter. Scott said its no surprise that Atlantas offence couldnt get much going against a defence that holds opponents to just 90.2 points a game, lowest in the NBA. "Theyre very good," Scott said. "Thats why theyre the best team in the league defensively. We just missed open shots and couldnt get it in." The Pacers had not won in the regular season at Philips Arena since Dec. 22, 2006. "I thought our resolve took over," West said. "We were really precise with our movement and what we wanted to do. And we made plays when we needed to make plays." Ian Mahinmi gave Indiana its biggest lead of the game with a tip-in that made it 73-57 with 8:10 left. Pacers guard Lance Stephenson hit the floor hard on a layup at the 7:56 mark of the third, falling over Millsap in the lane and landing on his left shoulder and hip. Stephenson then converted the three-point play to make it 55-47, but he sat out the last 16 minutes. George stole the ball from rookie point guard Dennis Schroder late in the fourth and scored a fast-break layup to make it 82-74. "Our guys buckled down on the defensive end," Vogel said. "(Atlanta) made a few shots in the last minute or two, but for the most part we held a pretty explosive team down to 85 points. Thats a pretty good effort." NOTES: Indiana improved to 23-0 when holding opponents under 90 points. ... The Pacers are 10-3 since the loss in Atlanta on Jan. 8. ... Korver extended his NBA record to 116 consecutive games with a 3-pointer. Korver began his streak last season in Atlantas second game -- a win at Oklahoma City. ... The Pacers are 15-8 on the road, best in the Eastern Conference. Brandan Wright Jersey . In five games last month, Billings led all scorers with 11 goals, 27 assists and 38 points as the Rock posted a 2-3 record. Marc Gasol Jersey . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Aut … s-Jersey/. Her return engagement begins tonight as TSN presents Day 1 coverage of the 2015 event from Melbourne. Watch Eugenie Bouchards opening round match at the Australian Open live tonight on TSN5 at 3am et/Midnight pt. Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys . The Henry Burris-led squad finished second in the East Division before advancing to the Grey Cup where they ultimately fell to the home field advantage wielding Saskatchewan Roughriders. Mike Bibby Jersey .The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence.DUBLIN, Ireland -- Europe captain Paul McGinley selected Sam Torrance and Des Smyth as two of his vice captains on Thursday for this years Ryder Cup against United States at Gleneagles. Torrance captained Europe to victory in the 2002 event, when McGinley holed the winning putt at the Belfry. The 61-year-old Smyth has played in the Ryder Cup twice and was Ian Woosnams assistant in the 2006 competition at the K Club. "They first came to mind to me when I was put in position as Ryder Cup captain last January," McGinley said. "These two men have been a sounding board for me, both personally and professionally, and have proved time and again to me with their ability and passion and judgment that they are ideal for the role." McGinley said his other assistants will be announced after the team is formalized in September. The 2014 Ryder Cup is scheduled for Sept. 26-28. Europe will be defending the trophy for the second time after winning 14 1/2-13 1/2 at Celtic Manor in 2010 and by the same score at Medinah in 2012. McGinley has known Smyth since he was a teenager and described his fellow Irishman as a "mentor" dduring his professional career.dddddddddddd. "In many ways, he was a natural choice for me," McGinley said. "As a vice captain to Ian Woosnam at the K Club, I found him to be very inspirational, astute, a voice of reason with great clarity of thought." Torrances appointment ensures there will be Scottish representation in the European team at Gleneagles. He has been a close friend of McGinley since the 2002 Ryder Cup, when Torrances decision to stack the top order of the singles with his best players made an impression on the current captain. "I felt, tactically, he made so many right calls, he understood the players, what the Ryder Cup was about," McGinley said. "His ability to motivate the players and communicate with them had a lasting impression on me." Torrance said he and Smyth would act as a buffer between the players and McGinley. "If I could do a tenth for Pauls team of what he did for my team," Torrance said, "we will both be very happy men." McGinley said Smyth will be vice captain to Miguel Angel Jimenez in the Eurasia Cup in Kuala Lumpur on May 27-29. NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

2018-05-21 06:33:41

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer