My PunBB-Hosting forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what PunBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » PS1
  •  » deserve.Weve got some home matches left and, as a

#1 2018-05-17 02:56:13

lw789
Animal
Dollars: 990
Bank: 0
deserve.Weve got some home matches left and, as a

CHICAGO -- Devin Mesoraco was hit by a pitch twice, in addition to the usual nicks that go along with being a catcher. He had a bag of ice on his right wrist and another on his left knee when he sat down for a well-deserved postgame meal. One sweet swing and another big win, and it was easy to forget about one painful night. Mesoraco homered for the fourth straight game, connecting for a two-out grand slam in Cincinnatis five-run ninth, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 6-1 on Monday for their third straight win. "Youre going to get beat up back there," said Mesoraco, shrugging off all the bumps and bruises. "Thats why I get more days off than everybody else." Mesoraco drove a 1-0 pitch from Hector Rondon (1-2) into the basket in left-centre for his 13th homer. It was his second grand slam of the season and No. 3 of his career. Billy Hamilton had a tiebreaking RBI single earlier in the inning as Cincinnati won for the sixth time in seven games to move above .500 for the first time this season at 38-37. The winning sequence started when Chris Heisey reached on a pinch-hit single with two outs and no one on base, snapping an 0-for-16 rut. "It was all set up by Chris Heisey fighting his way into that soft single and stealing second base," Reds manager Bryan Price said. It was the first homer allowed by Rondon since Aug. 1. "Not the way you kind of draw it out. We tried to let him work his way through it," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "Obviously it didnt work out." Jonathan Broxton (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth and Logan Ondrusek got three outs, helping the Reds improve to 30-11 against the Cubs over the last three seasons. Anthony Rizzo hit his 16th homer for the Cubs, who have lost three in a row. Jeff Samardzija struck out seven while pitching six innings of one-run ball. "All in all, I felt good, just needed a little improvement there early," Samardzija said. The Reds got off to a fast start behind Hamilton, who led off the game with a grounder just past second baseman Darwin Barney. The bouncer died in the grass in short right field and the speedy rookie hustled into second with a double, extending his hitting streak to 11 games. Todd Frazier followed with a drive into the gap in right-centre for an RBI triple. But Samardzija buckled down and kept Frazier at third, retiring Jay Bruce and Ryan Ludwick after he hit Mesoraco for the first time with one down. Chicago wasted a prime scoring chance in the fourth. Rizzo reached on a leadoff single before Starlin Castro doubled into the left field corner, putting runners on second and third. Alfredo Simon then retired three straight to preserve Cincinnatis 1-0 lead. Luis Valbuena flied out to medium right field, Welington Castillo hit a comebacker to the mound and Ryan Sweeney lined out to left. "I just tried to make my pitches the best I can, and everything was good," Simon said. The Cubs also wasted a leadoff double by Barney in the third. Samardzija broke his bat over his left knee after he popped up a sacrifice attempt. Simon allowed one run and five hits in seven innings. He struck out five and walked one. Frazier finished with three hits and Mesoraco reached five times. He also walked twice before he connected in the ninth. "I felt good the first time that I was here. I felt good coming into this series," Mesoraco said. "You just try to ride them out as long as you can." NOTES: Reds 2B Brandon Phillips (bruised right heel) got the night off. Price said Phillips is day to day. ... Renteria said they are working on finalizing the starting pitchers for Saturdays doubleheader against Washington. ... Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (3-1, 1.98 ERA) will face RHP Homer Bailey (7-3, 4.68 ERA) in the second game of the three-game series Tuesday night. Arrieta is 2-0 with a sparkling 0.73 ERA in four starts this month. ... Sting led the crowd in the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch. DeMarre Carroll Jersey . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. DAngelo Russell Jersey . They all do actually — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 22, 2014There is no confirmation that the date is actually happening, but that didnt stop Embiid from getting dressed up. Fresh cut..... Getting ready for dinner http://t.co/NNIfKyZQzx — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 23, 2014 Almost 930.. http://www.nbanetsauthority.com/sean-ki … rsey-c-8/. The Arena das Dunas in the northeastern city of Natal sustained minor damage during the protests, but demonstrators stayed away on Sunday and officials said the stadium passed its first test, with only minor adjustments needed going forward. Timofey Mozgov Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings, finally overtaking the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks, who rank second and third this week. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Jersey . Left-handed reliever Boone Logan agreed to a $16.5 million, three-year contract on Friday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.Joleon Lescott says he wants to stay at Aston Villa and help the club he has supported since he was a boy return to the Premier League. Villas relegation after 28 years in the top flight was confirmed with a 1-0 defeat at Manchester United on Saturday.Their future remains uncertain, with Eric Black still caretaker manager and no permanent successor yet on the horizon, but Lescott has vowed to fight on through the most difficult time in the clubs history. The fall and fall of Villa Aston Villas fall has been years in the making, but how did it happen? Of course I want to be part of the battle. Im here for as long as Aston Villa want me, he told Sky Sports.I was a Villa fan growing up, so it hurts as much as some of those fans out there, even though they might not think so.As an individual I can only take my part in the blame but I dont think its ever as bad as what people portray in the press. But were not going to dwell on that and use it as an excuse. Aston Villa caretaker manager Eric Black says it is a difficult day for the club Weve not been good enough this season and thats why we are where we are.ddddddddddddVillas 24th defeat of the season compounded one of the worst Premier League records a side has put together, despite a recently-appointed new board of directors gutting the club of its failing staff, fans have continued to protest in earnest.Lescott said: The criticism has been a bit of both; warranted and, at times, unfair. Throughout the season we have given reasons for people to jump on us, but there hasnt been so many reasons at times.But its part of football and we have to take it on the chin. When things are going well you love it but when things arent going well its horrible to be a part of. Its a tough time at the minute and we owe it to the club and the fans to keep striving forward. Aston Villa succumbed to their 24th defeat of the season at Old Trafford In the back of our minds is to get promotion next season, but weve got some games left. Eric has come in and done a great job. Its disappointing but we showed a level of pride and desire today that probably hasnt been there enough throughout the season, and its led to us being relegated.Now its been confirmed that we are going to go down, hopefully its a weight off our shoulders and we can play with a level of freedom and give these fans what they deserve.Weve got some home matches left and, as an individual and collectively, were still determined to put performances in to honour the fans. Also See: Match Report As it happened The fall and fall of Villa Villa fixtures Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

2018-05-17 02:56:13

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » PS1
  •  » deserve.Weve got some home matches left and, as a

Adverts

Board footer